The Department of Chemistry at Balwant College, Vita is one of the premier chemistry departments in the region because of three major M.Sc. specialization i) Organic Chemistry ii) Inorganic Chemistry iii) Analytical Chemistry with student capacity 20 each of subject specialization.
The department has also carrying M. Phil. as well as Ph. D. program under Shivaji University, Kolhapur. The faculty members are recognized as leaders in their fields and have received numerous awards. With an excellent record of generating undergraduate and post graduate students along with quality research, the Department has become a leader in many of the most significant areas of chemistry R&D: Materials chemistry, Synthetic chemistry and Nano-science.
In addition to nationally acclaimed strengths in faculty research and graduate education, the Chemistry Department at Balwant College is also proclaimed as leader in the university. With a dedicated staff and state-of-the-art research support facilities, department of chemistry is an excellent place to work, study or pursue your love of chemistry.
List of Publications
- A Pongamia pinnata pods based activated carbon as an efficient scavenger for adsorption of toxic Co (II): kinetic and thermodynamic study
S. A. Patil, S. K. Patil, A. S. Sartape, S. C. Bhise, M. M. Vadiyar, M. A. Anuse, S. S. Kolekar
Separation Science and Technology, 2019,1-15.
- Eco-friendly dyeing of cotton with brown natural dye extracted from Ficus amplissima
Sudhir Kumbhar, Prakash Hankare, Sandip Sabale, Rajendra Kumbhar
Environmental Chemistry Letters ,2019,17(2),1161-1166.
- CuO nanoparticles and nanobelts catalyzed potent synthesis of benzopyran derivatives Abhijeet Mulik, Pravin Hegade, Swapnajit Mulik, Madhukar Deshmukh
Research on Chemical Intermediate 2019 doi – 10.1007/s11164-019-03925-x
- Efficiant Synthesis of 4H-chromene derivatives using Schiff base metal complex as catalyst
S. V. Mulik, S. N. Abdar, D. D. Pawar, R. M. Shinde, P. G. Hegade, A. G. Mulik.
International journal of Research and Analytical Reviews ICAPAS-2019.
- Enhanced exciplex emission of pyrene thin films doped by perylene: Structural, photophysical and morphological investigation
Netaji K. Desai, Prasad R. Mahajan, G. B. Kolekar, and Shivajirao R. Patil
Journal of Fluorescence, 2018, 1-7.
- Selective detection of CO2+ by fluorescent nano probe: Diagnostic approach for analysis of environmental samples and biological activities
Prasad G. Mahajan, Nilam C. Dige, Netaji K. Desai, Shivajirao R. Patil, Vijay V.
Kondalkar Seong-Karp Hong and Ki Hwan Lee
Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy, 198, 2018,
- The Novel Method for Determination of Stoichiometry of Cotton Fabric Dyed with Quercetin Dye and Alum Mordant
S. B. Kumbhar, R. R. Kumbhar, P. P. Hankare,
Ajanta, 7 (4), 2018, 23-29.
- Studies on Structural, Optical, Thermal and Electrical Characterization of Perylene-Doped p-terphenyl Luminophors
Netaji K. Desai, Dhanaji P. Bhopate, Prasad G. Mahajan, Dattatray K. Dalavi, Avinash A. Kamble, Anil H. Gore, T. D. Dongale, Govind B. Kolekar and Shivajirao R. Patil
Journal of Fluorescence, 2017, 1-13.
- Synthesis, characterization, electrical and luminescence performance of novel copolymer of anthracene/pyrrole
N. K. Desai, T. D. Dongale, G. B. Kolekar, and S. R. Patil
Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics, 28(7), 2017, 5116 https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10854-016-6167-9.
- Efficient, rapid avenue for synthesis of highly substituted piperidines using polystyrene sulfonic acid
Abhijeet Mulik, Pravin Hegade, Dayanand Patil, Ganpatrao Mulik, Suresh Salunkhe, Madhukar Deshmukh
Chem Intermed., 2017, 43, 729.
- Removal of malachite green dye from aqueous solution with adsorption technique using Limonia acidissima (wood apple) shell as low cost adsorbent
A. S. Sartape, A. M. Mandhare, V. V. Jadhav, P. D. Raut, M. A. Anuse, S. S. Kolekar
Arabian Journal of Chemistry, 10, s3229-s3238,2017
- Tailor-made dicationic ionic liquid as a fluorescent sensor sfor detection of hydroquinone and catechol
S. K. Patil, S. A. Patil, M. M. Vadiyar, D. V. Awale, A. S. Sartape, G. B. Kolekar, U. V. Ghorpade, J. H. Kim, S. S. Kolekar
Journal of molecular liquids 244,39-45,2017.