Department of sociology established under the headship of Dr. R.B Jadhav who is well-known intellectual personality. Department has 1257 reference books and more than 500 textbooks available in the central library. Departmental enrollment is always high and department has a great tradition of result. Department organize various activities for student overall development.
• To understand society systematically.
• To create social awareness regarding social research.
• To create social awareness regarding social problems like- drug addiction, child labor, dowry and female feticide in students to do something for our society as a member of this society.
• To make them socially responsible citizen of country.
• To make students capable to get jobs and resources for livelihood.
• To strengthen students ability to live their life beautifully.
• To make them able to carry social responsibility.
• To make them aware about different culture and to let them know the unity in diversity
Program Specific outcome
Services , Instruments & Collaboration
1. MoU with Sanchali Global Health Centre, France.
2. Successful organization of State Level Conference of Shivaji University Manasshastra parishad on 7th February 2015.
3. Successful organization of Workshop on “Life Skills” on 3rd March 2015 under the Lead College Scheme of Shivaji University.